We may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide – When you logon to the SmartERP website, we may ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other SmartERP services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. We may also provide visitors to our website the opportunity to receive communications such as our regular newsletter, product promotions and any other information that we feel may be pertinent to the visitor. You may opt for receiving these communications by emailing us at email@example.com, by replying to any email we send you or by visiting certain locations on our website.
• Log information – When you access SmartERP solutions via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with our web site, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
• Client communications – When you send email or other communications to SmartERP, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our solutions and services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our solutions and services.
SmartERP only shares personal and client information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SmartERP, its clients as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the SmartERP website, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may ask individual clients to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required.